The Friends Of Equality is a group of Masons belonging to Equality Lodge No. 2 that gives moneys to charities in our area. This practice has been ongoing for several years, and we are very proud of the services and help we provide. Our Annual Golf Outing, as well as poker runs, fishing tournaments, breakfasts, and other activities are used for these purposes. The proceeds from these events have been used in the past for the following, and we expect to expand on these charities in the future:
- Safety glow sticks for Halloween trick-or treaters from kindergarten to the fourth grade in the Gallatin County School System.
- Assisting with the American Legion in the purchase of United States flags for the Village of Equality.
- Angel Tree Christmas Fund at our local schools.
- Christmas baskets for our local churches.
- Masonic Children’s Homes for underprivileged children in Illinois.
- Shriner’s Hospital For Crippled Children.
- Gallatin County cheerleaders.
- Gallatin County marching Hawks.
- Distressed individuals as per need.
And many others.